Wednesday, January 3

*** REVIEW TOUR *** Whore by Willow Aster

 

 

 

Whore by Willow Aster is now LIVE!!!

PURCHASE YOUR COPY OF WHORE TODAY!


“I need a reason to exist.”
Beautiful, intelligent, independent, strong-willed, wealthy—Lilith Fontenot seems by all appearances, to have it all. But that’s not how the highest paid prostitute in New Orleans sees herself.
A stain on society. A scourge. A waste. Outsider. Prisoner…
Any idyllic dream of the normal life she may have once imagined, Lilith buried long ago. Her only plan now is survival.
But mob boss Nico Santelli and community center owner Soti Christos have not given up on Lilith. Each has his own very specific, very opposing, plans for her, and neither will rest until it becomes a reality.
WHORE is a singularly bracing take on an ancient tale of tireless love, betrayal, and the possibility of redemption.
I take a sudden deep breath and my breasts brush against his chest. The contact surprises us both. I do it again, intentionally this time, trying to gain control in the only way I know how. His neck flushes and he takes a step back. I enjoy the rush it gives me, knowing that I affect him too. “Hey, would you like to come around the corner with me to—” I swallow my surprise and shake my head, holding my hand up before he says anything else. “Please,” he says louder. “What’s your name?” “I am Sotirios … Soti.” “Soti, what makes you think you know anything about me?” He tries to make eye contact, but I focus on a spot just past his left ear. “I just want to help you…” His words trail off. The wind blows my hair forward, a sheet of black coming between us until I smooth the long strands down on either side. I gaze down the street and see a blurry little girl with black hair down to her waist in middle school, standing shy and hopeful in front of a group of girls. “We know what you are,” they said. They hurled spit and names on her and she stood there, taking it, until the teacher came and helped her. Help only got me so far. “You listen to me, okay?” I say so softly he leans in to hear me. “I was born for this.” When my eyes finally land on his again, I know his face will haunt me forever. He looks as bleak as I feel. I clear my throat. “Now, if you’ll excuse us.” With that, I loop my hand through the arm of my next income source, calculating how I can get the most money out of him for the least amount of time. It takes every ounce of willpower I own to not look Soti’s way one more time. Once we round the corner and I know he’s out of sight, all the adrenaline leaves my body, and I’m actually glad to have someone to hold onto. I avoid my reflection as we walk back to the house. I don’t want to know what the rest of the world sees when they look at me.
My Review
5 “Believing” Stars

Gah! I just loved this book. The story was compelling and intense. It was swoon-worthy to the max and left me breathless more than once. It was so much more than I expected and I expected a lot based on the blurb and that gorgeous cover. 

Whore is a story about Lilith who the book is named after. She’s been groomed for her role her whole life growing up under her mother’s tutelage. She does her job, she’s good at it, and doesn’t expect much else. Making attachments is something she learned not to make. Two years ago she made that mistake and has determined never to do it again. But when her past comes back to haunt her, she finds herself in the middle of a mysterious triangle that she can’t seem to find herself out of. But meeting a stranger: Soti. He seems like the exact opposite kind of man that Lilith would find herself in the company of. But he saves her in more ways than one. And as she gets to know him, she struggles to find herself. Just when things seem to be looking up for Lilith for the first time ever, her real life comes crashing in and nothing is as it seems. 

This book was an experience to read. I never knew what to expect. My heart lept in my throat mor than once and my heart cried over and over. It also had some of the best quotes. I hardly ever highlight while reading, but I found myself constantly wanting to remember quotes all through out this story. While it wasn’t easy. And just when I thought the worst was over, the hits just kept on coming. And yet. I loved every word. Every struggle. And every reminder that love finds a way.


Willow Aster is the author of True Love Story, In the Fields, Maybe Maby, Fade to Red, and the upcoming release, Whore. Willow loves nothing more than writing the day away—anywhere will do. Her husband and two children graciously put up with her endless daydreaming and make fun of her for reading while cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment