Wednesday, July 29

***Release Day Blitz*** Loving the White Liar by Kate Stewart

RB Loving the white liar banner.jpg



Title: Loving the White Liar
Author : Kate Stewart
Release Date: July 20, 2015
Add to your TBR: Goodreads
Purchase Links: Amazon US  |  Amazon UK


Synopsis


I met my true love when I was twenty-seven. He was handsome, charming, witty, and irresistible. Jayden Monroe came along when I was struggling with indecision and made things simple, turned monochrome into vivid color, and forever altered my perspective on life. 



I was not naive enough to believe in happily ever after, but with Jayden, it seemed possible . . . until I realized something wasn’t quite right. 

You see, I met a man who would be anyone I needed him to be, and after I found out that fact, I knew it would be impossible to walk away. His disorder, however, would change everything I ever thought about love and what it truly meant to accept someone for who they are. 

This is not my sob story; this is his success story 





Touching. Humbling. Real. Heartwarming. Swoon (so much swoon). and Oh So Sweet. These are the thoughts and feelings I’ve had regarding this beautiful book since I read it two days ago. This tale of true, soul deep love is one that I haven’t been able to stop thinking about and is one that I will come back to when I need a dose of real, everlasting love.


Jay and Hilary’s love story starts like many do. They meet, develop intense attraction but take it slow. They date, but don’t throw themselves straight into bed. They fall in love, not instantly but over time building on everything they learn about each other. They get married, unconventionally but it’s perfect for their little slice of happiness. They realize they don’t know absolutely everything about each other and that’s okay, well, until it isn’t anymore. This is where the story twists and turns as we learn that sometimes little white lies mean a lot more than they seem to on the surface.


Jay has ADHD. Hilary knows this but doesn’t really know it until she sees a side of Jay she hasn’t witnessed before making his seemingly innocent white lies seem like so much more. This is the part that pulled at me and sucked me right in. The blurb warned me and as intrigued as I was, I was also nervous. I’m so glad that Ms. Stewart gave a little intro before chapter one since I was able to hold on to that I as I sat spellbound while reading the smile inducing yet at times anxiety ridden journey Jay and Hilary took.


This was absolutely a love story for the ages. I loved pretty much everything about it and yes that includes even the hard parts. It made their love and devotion to each other that much more palpable. Ms. Stewart brought these two to life. As Jay and Hilary’s story unfolds, we see just how much each love the other totally and without condition. They loved the other for exactly who they were. Hilary struggled to find her place in life while Jay struggled with balancing everything he battled in his head on a daily basis.


As much as I loved the romance, at times the story felt memoir-ish. For me this created a somewhat different reading experience than I was expecting. Honestly I think that says more about my headspace than the writing itself. Growing up I lived with someone very much like Jay. So when the story got real, it got really real both within the storyline and in my memory making the writing feel more methodical than heart pounding at times. That said Ms. Stewart did a phenomenal job writing Jay and I applaud her for taking on such a tough subject that is obviously very close to her heart and writing it to perfection.


This story is one that deserves to be read. Not just that, but I think it needs to be read. It’s a refreshing look at love and romance and marriage and devotion and what it really means to love someone unconditionally. My heart was left feeling so light and happy watching two flawed people conquer their own problems and insecurities only to come out better for it.


Arc provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books Blog for an honest review.

4.5 “Overcoming” Stars


Reviewed by Paige 


Buy it
Read it

No comments:

Post a Comment