Monday, June 2

***Reviews*** Eraser Series by Megan Keith

Reactions: 
Title: Eraser
Author: Megan Keith
Genre: Erotica/ Romance
Publication Date: Feb 4, 2014
Add to: Goodreads
Purchase Links:  TBA






Synopsis 

Mysterious. 
Dangerous. 
Brooding. 
Sexy. 

Once a week he frequents the bar where Mackenzie works. He orders the same drink, scotch on the rocks, and he sits back on the same lounge chair, quietly watching… waiting… 

He has money - that much is obvious. He wears his tailored suits well. He smells divine, of expensive cologne, and orders his scotch from the top shelf. 

He drinks alone, but he never leaves that way. With a snap of his fingers, a flick of his eyes, a glimmer of a smile, he gets the attention of the most attractive women in the bar. 

This time his focus is on Mackenzie. Instead of feeling nervous Mackenzie is enthralled, intrigued… and aroused.



My Review


First off I need to mention the total attention grabber of a synopsis Megan Keith has written for this novella. The way he is described all mysterious and sexy had me instantly curious and I swear I could hear his novella screaming, “read me, read me”!  And Boy, I’m glad I did.

Cheese and Rice this novella is frickin' hot! This is a totally hot, quick and down right dirty read about giving into a night of kinky fuckery with a sex on a stick of a man.

Mackenzie works in a high-class bar with an array of upper class clientele. She enjoys her job and the attention she is often given by the men who frequent the bar. But Mackenzie longs for the attention of a certain dark and sexy stranger.

Friday nights is when he comes in, the sexy stranger who sits alone, drinks alone, and never utters a word her way. Despite arriving alone, to Mackenzie’s disappointment he most definitely never leaves that way. After watching him exchanging words with different women week after week Mackenzie is often left feeling a tinge of jealousy, as she sees them leaving with him for what she only imagines is a night of hot sex. Sex she wishes she was having with mister dark and dangerous.

Then finally one night Mackenzie turns around to find him standing in front of her with a proposition she cannot refuse.

After some not so needed persuasion involving sexy banter, promises of what’s to come, a few expensive drinks, a phone call to her boss (made by him of course) and a clear promise that this is a one-time offer with no repeats, Mackenzie makes the decision to go home with the nameless stranger.  

“ I will make you change your perspective on what good sex feels like. Once you’ve been with me, you will compare every man you are with afterwards to me. I will erase every memory of every man you have ever been with, good and bad”.

Once her decision is made and they leave the bar we begin to witness the beginnings of the game our sexy stranger has in mind for Mackenzie.

“My game and my rules”

“You will continue to address me as ‘Sir’. My name is not important”
  
Once the rules are explained and the blindfold is in place over her eyes, the dominant man that is Sir begins to surface and a buzz of excitement begins not only for Mackenzie but also for Keith’s readers.

Just as quick as the blindfold is in place the pages begin to crescendo with sexual anticipation. I couldn’t wait to see where this encounter was going to go. And oh how this encounter is so very scorching hot! The description of how Sir undresses her while she remains blindfolded standing in front of him had my kindle steaming in my hand!

Sir: “The shoes stay on”

Mackenzie: “Kinky”

Sir:  “You ain’t seen nothing yet sweetheart.” He whispered in her ear. “We’re about to redefine your definition of kinky.”

Oh. My. God, does he ever deliver on his promise! What follows is an inferno of super hot and descriptive BDSM sex that had my pulse and heart rate rising all the while leaving me panting for more.  And if you’re a Nine Inch Nails fan like I am, you will now have a bevy of visuals to accompany the songs ‘Mr. Self destruct’ and ‘Eraser’ (Begin fanning oneself here).




         The next morning, despite a night of the best sex she’s ever had and a feeling that perhaps Sir sees her different from the others we see Mackenzie quickly being kissed and dismissed by Sir as promised. While high tailing it outta there the words  “no repeats” rings in her head and she’s completely disappointed and so am I to be honest, I wanted more for her too!!

After a week without any word from Sir, Mackenzie still has her hopes up that he will show up as usual on Friday, but of course he doesn’t. 

But then…thank goodness for a prologue in Sir’s POV that makes me do my happy dance! I loved it!! He wants her! And has for some time! He’s a man with a plan, a plan that involves getting Mackenzie for more than just one night.

But then, as I’m dancing I’m quickly overcome with the notion to slam my kindle against the wall!!!  As he’s about stake his claim and introduce himself… THE BOOK ENDS!!!!!!! WTF???? Who does that???  This ending killed me and I wanted to scream! Thank god I have book 2 ready to go! If you read this series, having book 2 on hand is an immediate must.






★★☆ 4.5  Sexy Stars ☆★★







Title: Eraser Blue (Eraser 2)
Author: Megan Keith
Genre: Erotica
Publication Date: April 18, 2014
Add to: Goodreads
Purchase Links:  Amazon





Synopsis 


He was mysterious, brooding and sexy.

She was his for only one night.

It was a night she would never forget.

His rules have changed.

Now he’s back. He’s staking his claim.

He is done with waiting.

He is the powerful drug that Mackenzie craves.

She wants more - wants him - whoever he is.


My Review

I loved the forward that was included in this book. I really respect when author's listen to their fans and continue to write not only for them, but for the character's they have created. I too absolutely agree that Mackenzie and Sir needed more than one little novella!

Book 2 picks up right where we left off...yes, the part when I wanted to whip my Kindle against the wall! We have Sir showing up at The Blue Room ready to introduce himself properly and above all else take Mackenzie home! Yahoo! He wants a REPEAT!!! I was so happy when he showed up, I so want these two to continue to have more hot hot sex!

Of course my excitement is squashed by pretty much the second paragraph, as they are immediately interrupted by a commotion outside which of course causes Sir to bail, thus leaving Mackenzie confused and hurt.  

But then the next day Mackenzie is greeted with dozens of flowers and a note from Sir apologizing and requesting that she have dinner with him that same evening. Yes! We are back on the track which is bound to lead to yummy make up sex!

I absolutely love that this book gives us both Mackenzie and Sir's persepectives and thoughts, it just makes for such a sizzling read. I think it helps me to connect with the characters on a more emotional level. I always love getting the male perspective and thoughts on situations, simply because they tend to be so honest and dirty!

After some awkward dinner conversation and a case of nerves we begin to feel the sexual tension radiating between Mackenzie and Sir. What follows is some super hot and steamy hallway sex that is bound to make you blush. 




It's after this where the book kinda takes a turn toward cray cray town. While deciding to stay for an after dinner drink, we witness Sir do something that I found completely shocking! I was like what the??? But of course Mackenzie is willing to forgive and forget, which I admit I was able to too. How can you not when Sir is telling you that you're special! 

"There's something about you, Mackenzie. Something I need. I crave to own you, to dominate you. I can't explain it. Since the first time I saw you...I wanted to make you mine."


As the book ends we have Mackenzie agreeing to submit to Sir, thus becoming his...

I cannot wait for book three! I can't wait to see where these two end up and how far Sir will push Mackenzie into his world of Kinkyness.




★★☆ 4.5 Stars ☆★★







Title: Eraser Lilac (Eraser #3)
Author: Megan Keith
Genre: Erotica
Publication Date: June 2, 2014
Add to: Goodreads
Purchase Links:   Amazon




Synopsis 




Mackenzie Reed.

She’s beautiful.

Captivating and intelligent.

Sexy.

Forgiving.

His desire for her is all consuming. The need to own her, to make her his … unprecedented.

Their powerful attraction cannot be denied.

He promised never to lie to her, but what if telling the truth prevents him from getting what he wants?

He’s determined to keep her, whatever the cost. 




My Review

First off, I need to share how excited I am that this book is finally here! I have been so engrossed in reading more of Mackenzie and Sir's story. The waiting has been killing me!

Again we pick up right where we left off in book 2, and I cannot stress how there's nothing better than starting off with some kinky fuckery to help set the tone of a book. Yes please! Thank you Ms. Keith!

"Sir, please tie me up."

After Sir's behaviour at the end of book 2 I wasn't so sure I could trust him again either, so I really liked how Keith shares Sir's thoughts while tying her up . We can see that he truly knows what he did was wrong and he's remorseful. I think this helps to shows us he's worth forgiving.  I was worried he was going to be a psycho for a bit there. But I was glad to be wrong, he's just a misunderstood kinky bastard!

But enough sweet and forgiving moments let's get back to talking about how fantastically dirty this book is!

As he's tying Mackenzie up we start to see him shift back into full Sir mode, gone is the self reflecting man and it's a welcome change. Hello, Sir and we are glad to have your twisted sexy self  back! What comes next is a very descriptive and hot hot scene involving the removal of  Mackenzie's clothing with scissors. Umm yes please, tie me up and cut off my dress with scissors while I lay there body humming with anticipation... And this is all in chapter one!! For the love of all things holy this book is full of some of the hottest sex I've read about in a while. If your looking for a down right hot and naughty read, then this is definitely one to add to your list.

I have to be honest and say that there are are few instances where Mackenzie says and thinks things about starting a relationship with Sir and I'm thinking to myself, you don't even know his name!!! Are you going to call him Sir forever?? But then I remind myself that this is just that type of book where it's OK for her to think that way.

As the book progresses there is some hot strawberry play, shopping to rival that of Pretty Women and some sexing in the change rooms, we start to get glimpses of how Sir and Mackenzie simply cannot get enough of each other and I'm loving every lust filled minute.

I liked how despite being an all consuming sexual relationship it's revealed by both that they want more. Sir discovers that he doesn't want a traditional Dom/Sub relationship with Mackenzie after all. Rather one involving give and take from both him and her. He enjoys her fight, her drive, her willingness to give herself to him in the bedroom. He simply wants her for her.

After a romantic day together filled with revelations and tenderness we are left with Mackenzie getting a text message from a co worker that reveals some interesting information, then just as she's about to confront him...THE BOOK ENDS!!!!!!!!! WTF????? Throw my Kindle here...I wasn't expecting a fourth book! Don't get me wrong I'm sooo happy to read more in this series, but I'm loosing it at this ending! Grrr!
Need book 4 NOW!!!!!!!!!




★★☆ 4.5 Stars ☆★★


Reviews by Gillian Grybas






Buy it 
Read it 
Love it











About the Author

I have an unhealthy addiction to books, I love to read them, live them and write them. I love books that are full of angst, heartbreak and breathtaking romance, tragedy, everyday issues and not-so-everyday fantasies. I love swoon-worthy bad boys and hot and steamy sex scenes, edge-of-your-seat drama, twists, turns and surprises. And most importantly, happily-ever-afters!




Follow the author at these links

1 comment: